Tuesday, August 11

Listening to: You know what by N.E.R.D

I know whenever I`m asked, “What dancers inspire me to dance?” I don`t even hesitate to answer because I have been saying the same names every since I started dancing: Gigi Torres, Mariel Martin, Chris Martin, Shawn Evaristo, Koresthetic dance crew & Essence.

But I find myself asking, Why do they inspire me? Is it because they are admired by basically the whole dance community? But I have come to the conclusion that, these people inspire me because down the line I want to be where they are. I want to have the success that they have.

I guess the real point of writing this blog is that, if I really look, I do have other inspirations and their right under my nose; and they may not be idolized, but they do give me encouragement and strength to stay hungry for anything I want to achieve.

Today I did my regular routine and went to stylz for class, but today was different because I never took the GRV class; but I knew Virgil was teaching and I was excited caus I was gonna see Jackie. Jackie I look up to her so much, & I`m so happy that I met her through dance. She just goes out and gets her ish` done. I`m just so happy for everything she has accomplished not just through dance, but with everything in her life as well. My “unofficial” Ate, I`m claiming you as my official. (= I just want her to know she`s my inspiration, and I want to thank her for all the encouragement she has given me.


_____________________________________________________________JW

1 comment:

jackie khai said...

aww official. you always make my day.. your words mean so much. i'll always be there to encourage you so if you ever need anything you know who to call =). keep hustling and you'll get that success you want and even more, trust. love you!!